Welcome to the Centre for Advanced Medical Products (CAMP)
CAMP is a Vinnova funded project focussing on the science and technology required to translate ATMPs from lab to clinic, including bioprocess development, GMP production and logistics. CAMP drives collaboration between researchers, GMP competent resources, industry and hospitals.
CAMP will receive 48 million SEK between 2018 and 2023. This is a part of the 320 million SEK committment of the Swedish government towards making Sweden a World leader in Advanced Biological medicines.
The overall goals of our organization are to:
- Build a strong public private partnership with government, universities, healthcare, patient organisations and industry to accelerate new breakthrough ATMP therapies to patients.
- Create strong research and development activities in Sweden to attract global interest and investments in the ATMP area.
- Provide a national infrastructure to pave the way for commercialization of ATMP for the benefit of patients and the society.
The overall long term objective is to develop general cell processing development principles and methods for an effective transfer from preclinical to clinical, GMP-compatible production.
Research goals are to develop solutions to:
- Decrease production failures due to starting material
- Increase efficiency and quality assurance in different steps of the production process for different ATMPs
- Minimize failures due to infection and immunogenic residues
These goals are to be achieved through the following tasks:
- Development of a comprehensive analysis algorithm to predict starting material-related production failure
- Establishing label free sorting for the enrichment of high-potential cell preparations for clinical use
- Development of large scale manufacturing processes for cellular ATMPs
- Recellularisation of tissues and organs for next generation transplants
- Development of quality control and sterilisation techniques for tissue engineering
- Process development for efficient transfer from lab bench to GMP manufacturing