TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS FOR hPSC DERIVED CELL THERAPY MANUFACTURE
Our overall aim is to develop and consolidate a sustainable, collaborative and world leading innovation milieu (IndiCell) based on Individual cell therapy that will continue also after the end of this funding. IndiCell will derive state-of-the-art workflows addressing generic steps in the process of deriving iPSC therapies products using our own world-leading projects as models. Those workflows and IndiCell’s competence will decrease cost, labour, time and clear the regulatory path for future iPSC therapy projects in Sweden, in addition to lowering the threshold for innovations.
Coordinator: Lund University
Partners: Karolinska Institutet, KTH, BioLamina, AcouSort, MAGic BioProcessing, Skåne University Hospital, Karolinska University Hospital.
- Enabling patient specific cell procurement and bedside delivery.
- Reprogramming-in-a-chip: Cutting time, labour and cost of iPSC manufacturing.
- Cell sorting: Validate procedures for negative and positive sorting for safer cell therapy products.
- Quality control methods: assess batch to batch variability and reduce the need for animal toxicology studies
- Innovation: Capturing potential for product development, commercialization and translation.
- Project management: Structure for the management, decision making, project follow-up, future and evaluation